Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Backyard vs The Gym

So if you look at the date of my last post, you can tell that it has been quite some time since I made my last post. This mostly has to do with the temperment God gave me. Thus, I start a project with great enthusiasm and then, shortly thereafter, I get distracted by another project.

This time I was distracted by my backyard. Don't worry though, this project did require a significant amount of physical exertion. First, with the help of a 60lb Jackhammer, I had to rip out the existing concrete patio. It was in the 90's that day and took me four hours complete. I was exhausted and sooooo sore. It took me 3 days to recover from that four hours of work. The following Saturday, my brother Joe and I load up all that concrete into a good friend's truck, hauled to the dump and then unloaded it. Again, a lot of work. But once I cleared all the concrete out, I realized the work had just begun. Next weekend it would be time to dig. And boy did I dig. I rented a truck from Home Depot, and my friend Emilio and I removed a total of 3 cubic yards from my backyard. That equals a lot of dirt...9,500lbs of dirt to be exact. That took 6 hours and, needless to say, I was exhausted (again) after that. Finally, this past Saturday I had 4 tons of rock delivered to my house and we filled in the area to provide a foundation for the concrete we will be pouring this weekend. And while I only made it to the gym a few times during this project, I still managed to drop four pounds.

I have made progress, but I would have like to have lost more by this point, which leads me to my next post "Honesty. Sometimes the truth hurts."

1 comment:

  1. By the way, my next post is in draft form right now. I will post it sometime later today or tomorrow. It is a really important one to me, so I want to make sure I communicate my thoughts clearly. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete