Monday, April 6, 2009

Introduction

Generally speaking, I am not a fan of public scrutiny, so I figured what a better way to report on my progress (or lack of progress) then to publish my journey on the World Wide Web. Hence, the birth of my blog: 30before30.

Here is some quick and dirty information, immediately followed by a promise.

Who: Michael J. Flynn, Jr
What: Will lose 30 lbs before his 30th birthday
When: No later than 11:59 p.m. on September 19, 2009
Where: Primarily in the table muscle area
Why: Because I love my wife and kids, and would like to live a long and healthy life
How: In addition to monitoring my eating habits, I plan on accomplishing this by running, biking, lifting and other exercises.

And here is my promise to all those that decide to spend a few minutes following my journey: I promise to be brutally honest with you and with myself. I will share with you my victories, as well as my failures on a weekly basis.

So here we go.

Failure: I went downstairs to Sweet Peas Cafe for lunch and had an Omelet and Country Potatoes. However, I did not eat the whole thing.

Victory: I established this blog shortly after consuming that tasty, albeit, gut-busting omelet.

All prayers and words of encouragement are welcome and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment